Establishing a proper laminate care routine
The Chesapeake Family Flooring team has assembled some basic tips for laminate cleaning below. However, you should always reference your laminate flooring warranty information for specific care requirements!
Laminate Cleaning Tips
- Use a damp cloth to blot up spills as soon as they happen. Never allow liquids to stand on your floor.
- Sweep, dust, or vacuum your floor regularly to prevent accumulation of dirt and grit that can get ground in & scratch or dull the floor’s finish.
- Periodically clean the floor with cleaning products made specifically for laminate floor care & approved by your floor’s manufacturer.
- Never wash or wet mop the floor with soap, water, oil-soap detergent, or any other liquid cleaning material. This could cause swelling or warping and void your warranty.
- Do not use steel wool, abrasive cleaners, or strong ammoniated or chlorinated type cleaners.
- Do not use any type of buffing or polishing machine. Laminate floors typically have a finish that will retain its shine without buffing.