Preparing for your hardwood flooring installation
Hardwood flooring can completely change a space. It can add character to any room, from rustic and traditional to modern and chic. But just like any new flooring process, it can be hard to know where to start. We’ve created this guide to help you know what to expect on installation day.
Steps for Hardwood Installation
The most important step in a hardwood flooring project is to have a vision for the finished project. Consider the color of the floor, the walls, the furniture and the appliances in the room. Hardwood comes in endless color and texture options, but the staff here at Chesapeake Family Flooring are experts in hardwood and will give you even more detailed information & samples to take home to see how different colors could look in the space. Once you’ve made your choice, it’s mostly a step-by-step process from there.
- Allow your hardwood some time before installation to get acclimated to the temperature & moisture level of the room. We’ll help you determine the right amount of time for this.
- If you need to paint, paint while the room is clear and you don’t have to worry about spilling paint on your new floor.
- If you want to put in new light fixtures, do it while there is no new flooring to damage during installation.
- We’ll move all your furniture out of the space.
- Leave installation to our professional installers. They have the proper experience, training and tools to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
- Finally, enjoy your new flooring!